Friday, January 13, 2017

When routine bites hard and ambitions are low.

Augustus Gloop will not be harmed.
No, but for reals. Seriously. You guys. Sitting on this wooden bench all week has been a real drag. And not only do I feel it in my butt, but also my left calf feels on the verge of straining. Ugh. Ugh, ugh. Time for some serious dance moves.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Avg. Pace: 8:09
Duration: 26:29
Route: Boulevard Loop

Took some effort to motivate myself out the door. The last few days have spoiled me, this isn't even  cold. Part of my reluctance (not ambivalence, I was looking forward to this) was no doubt due to the fact that this is the first evening run I have taken in some time.

Yes, long days sitting can be wearying -- however, one of our actors was ill today and so I co-taught a class in Death of a Salesman. I even acted in a scene, that was refreshing.

Pavement: dry
Temperature: 25°
Climate: cold and clear
Mood: managing

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 170 lbs. (-0-)
New Goal: 165 lbs.
Ideal: 160 lbs.

As the years pass I have been discovering that the "aughts" were perhaps the least interesting decade in popular music -- in general, of course, you don't need to hit me up with all the great music released 2000-2009, there is always great music. Just, in aggregate. I find it tedious.

I had to skip a number of songs just to settle on these:

2005 Playlist
Galang - M.I.A.
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Fall Out Boy
I Write Sins Not Tragedies - Panic! At The Disco
Don't Look Back - Telepopmusik
Summer Skin - Death Cab for Cutie
Augustus Gloop - Danny Elfman
Technologic - Daft Punk

No comments: