Tuesday, January 03, 2017

May the road rise with you.

Average intake (yesterday) looks like this:

Morning coffee (cream, no sugar)
Breakfast: Grape Nuts with a tablespoon of cream, heated with dried cranberry and raisins, small number of salted almonds, mixed with a container of Greek yogurt.
Late morning coffee (cream, no sugar)
Lunch: Sunbutter & apple butter on whole wheat, carrot sticks, grapes, and a brownie.
Evening: Tea (milk & sugar) - no alcohol
Snack: small amount of popcorn (salt, butter)
Dinner: Mixed greens with apples, grapes and marinated chicken w/Italian dressing

Distance: 3.55 miles
Avg. Pace: 8:22
Duration: 29:48
Route: Forest Hill Loop

Yesterday I was sore. My body ached in many places, and that was strange. My posture was terrible. I felt myself leaning forward, not standing straight. Leaning forward is good, emotionally, walking down the hall not so much.

Last night would have been a night for running perhaps. Instead I sat and read, because I do not read enough. I listened to the girl play violin, because I have not had the opportunity to do that for a while.

Pavement: wet w/puddles
Temperature: 43°
Climate: light rain
Mood: anxious, but determined

There was a lit Christmas tree on the island in the park. Brisk, rainy run. Light rain and not cold. Very pleasant, actually. Maybe a little over dressed -- I wear a T-shirt over a long sleeve tee to keep my earphone cord under control, even with a jacket, it has an annoying habit of sneaking into my sleeve.

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 172 lbs. (-2.0)
Goal: 170 lbs.
Ideal: 165 lbs.

Spent a great deal of the past year digging into 1986, made a playlist of Sophisti-pop for the November company. It's not all about George Michael.

1986 Playlist
Battlestations - Wham!
Rise * - Public Image Ltd.
You Can Leave Your Hat On * - Joe Cocker
Bread and Butter * - Devo
What Have You Done For Me Lately - Janet Jackson
We Love You (12" Version) - O.M.D.

Cooldown:
Breakout - Swing Out Sister

No comments: