Sunday, January 15, 2017

The rabbits running in the ditch.

Your Christmas trees.
Pain began in my lower back on the left side, and down into my buttock. Then my calf began to hurt and finally, yes, my thigh. In that order, like the strain started independently in two places, but then were finally connected, a straight line of stress from lower back to ankle.

I have continued running, every other day and sometimes every day, since the new year. In 2012 I began the year over 180 pounds. I had come down off of anti-depressants, which as you might expect made me less unhappy and anxious, but also a bit listless and unmotivated. I trained for a spring marathon and actually shed fifteen pounds between New Year's and the race.

I also wrote several plays in a short period of time.

I am not depressed now (not like that, anyway) and have not waited until my weight was that far out of control before taking action, but this month, these two weeks, have been challenging. A lot of sitting, followed by the exercise. I fantasize about yoga - yes, it is true - about stretching, but I have not made that happen. I should, I really should.

The weather, my cold weather outfit, I run differently in this guise. Shorter strides, which can be good, but not in this case. When it is warm I feel more free, the body feels more comfortable no matter how much weight I am carrying, the transition from stasis to movement is much easier.

Distance:
Avg. Pace:
Duration:
Route: Forest Hill Loop

Passed a number of old men today, walking their dogs or mostly walking themselves. I said hello to all of them, asked how they are doing.

When I look over my shoulder, what do you think I see ..?

You can look that up.

Temperature: 32°
Climate: shine, shiny sun
Mood: all right
Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 169.5 lbs. (-0-)
Goal: 165 lbs.
Ideal: 160 lbs.

Reception tonight, the topic is "flags."

1996 Playlist
Ready To Go (U.S. Mix) - Republica
White Girl - Soul Coughing
Solid State - Combustible Edison
Oops! - Tipsy
Season of the Witch - Luna
Tombstone * - Suzanne Vega
Someone's Daughters - Beth Orton
Wannabe - Spice Girls
Red - Sister Soleil

Awesome year for funky dance music, and so warrant an extra half-mile. On a warmer day, perhaps further. Soul Coughing! Cocktail music! The Spice Girls only single!

No comments: