Thursday, January 26, 2017

Now they call me Mr. Bitterness.

Every day another national indignity. Congress just wanted to erase the legacy of Barack Obama, this guy is seriously doing all the bad things that lead to authoritarian government. Censoring facts, oppressing the weak, aggrandizing the self.

The question is, are our democratic systems strong enough to fight the power? The Internet has proven to be the most powerful tool in this war of misinformation, can it be harnessed for truth? Is that even possible?

Distance: 3.6 miles
Avg. Pace: 7:54
Duration: 28:28
Route: Forest Hills Loop

My hamstring continues to irritate, on the left side, all the way down. It's in my thigh, in my calf. Sometimes it sings quite loudly. Cold weather exacerbates the condition. It's a drag. I keep massaging my leg in public, it's not a good look for me.

Pavement: very light precipitation
Temperature: 36°
Climate: cool, wet
Mood: bitter

Brisk, light run. Feeling stronger. The cold does not bother me, got pretty sweaty and warm, actually. Not below freezing, not yet. We'll get there.

Seventeen runs in January already? That's a tie for second place and it's not even the girl's birthday yet. Ran twenty in January, 2012. Can I make that before Tuesday? Mmmaybe.

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 167.5 lbs. (-1.5)
Goal: 165 lbs.
Ideal: 160 lbs.

1994 Playlist
Voodoo Lady - Ween
Welcome to Paradise - Green Day
Sure Shot - The Beastie Boys
Live Forever - Oasis
Mr. Bitterness - Soul Coughing
Get Me - Everything But the Girl
Chewbacca - Supernova
Mr. Self Destruct - Nine Inch Nails

No comments: