Saturday, January 28, 2017

God, save the people.

One new thing I have been doing is waiting until I am hungry before I eat breakfast. We adults get up early most mornings, and traditionally I would eat then. Now I wait until I am truly interested in food and then I seem to choose what I crave and not just what I think I should eat or that I am used to eating.

Usually I eat granola and yogurt. This morning I wanted half a bagel, sunbutter and banana. It's what my body was interested in. This seems to be working for me.

Distance: 3.75 miles
Avg. Pace: 8:13
Duration: 30:54
Route: Neighborhood Loop

Priorities. An open Saturday for me, but it took two hours to sort and fold all of the laundry that has accumulated ... not counting socks. Do I continue doing housework, this list is long, or do I take a run?

What do you think?

Pavement: dusted with snow
Temperature: 28°
Climate: cold
Mood: concerned

Arduous, slipping on light snow.Cold but not cold enough to keep from heavy sweating, that was some good work. Ran past the pit that used to be the site of the Center-Mayfield. Also, a Chinese restaurant, barbershops and salons, and the Looney Tunes daycare.

Ran past that place countless times, saw myself reflected in the mirrored windows in all variety of gear, and many shapes and sizes, watched myself go gray. The windows prevented me from seeing in but who peers into a daycare center, that is creepy. But I did wonder about the children, what they were doing, how they were doing, were they learning, were they happy.

My own children had the privilege of going to Montessori school and they thrived, because we could afford it. Now those children (and yes, I know, over the years they were always different children) where do they go? Where do their caregivers go?

Sometimes I think this country is one big hole in the ground.

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 167 lbs. (-0.5)
Goal: 165 lbs.
Ideal: 160 lbs.

1974 Playlist
For the Love of Money - The O'Jays
Back In NYC - Genesis
The Wall Street Shuffle - 10cc
In The Cage - Genesis
Save the People - Steve Nathan
Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo - Rick Derringer
Waterloo - ABBA
Jackie Blue - Ozark Mountain Daredevils

No comments: