Thursday, January 05, 2017

Life is a reality, you can't always run away.

We ruined everything.
What I truly hate is this. My pants do not fit. It's not like a have a huge selection of pants, but those I have I want to be able to put on and wear without feeling like I have a hernia, or that I resemble a sausage.

It may not seem like a "diet" as it includes dessert, and the occasional drink. However, I am alive and aware of all of the things I am not eating. Oh, look, A bowl of day-old, unfinished popcorn. Thank you for offering me a cookie (or two) at lunchtime. A little more pasta would be fine, right?

Distance: 1.68 miles
Avg. Pace: 8:17
Duration: 13:57
Route: Twice around the block.

Average intake (yesterday) looks like this:

Morning coffee (cream, no sugar)
Breakfast: Half "everything" bagel w/cream cheese
Late morning coffee (cream, no sugar)
Lunch: Pasta w/Amatriciana sauce, grapes, cucumber slices, beet chocolate cake w/whipped cream
Evening treat: Decaf latte
Dinner: More leftover Amatricana pasta, half a roll, mixed greens with homemade Chex mix croutons & Italian dressing
Evening tea (cream & sugar)

1966 Playlist
Georgy Girl - The Seekers
Barefootin' - Robert Parker
Happy Jack - The Who
I Got You (I Feel Good) - James Brown
Sock It To 'Em J.B. Pt. 1 - Rex Garvin & The Mighty Cravers
Homeward Bound - Simon & Garfunkel

Not going to set any records completing the annual playlists this year. Terrible cold has arrived and will stay for a bit. Ended April 17 two years ago, on April 1 last year  ... and on March 9 in 2012. Crazy.

Pavement: dry and dusted with snow
Temperature: 18°
Climate: cold
Mood: decent

Brisk run, brief run (short songs!) suitably bundled but there is little or nothing to do to protect my face. Either it gets bone cold exposed or I try to cover my mouth, cheeks and nose and my glasses fog up. Stayed to the neighborhood in case I found the wind unbearable. but heading clockwise around my block the wind on Monticello is at my back. Heading around my street, the houses and trees block the breeze. Could have run three, I will make up for it over the weekend.

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 170 lbs. (-2.0)
Goal: 170 lbs. (achievement unlocked)
Ideal: 165 lbs.

Today I fit into my pants much better.

No comments: