Monday, August 07, 2023

I get on my trek with a headstart back to you.

We voted, you Fascists.
Summer is winding down. Vacation has passed, and the festival, too. The eldest heads back to Athens today, we take the boy to school next week. Still a lot of things planned for August, but really? It feels like we are starting to pack up the season.

And yet. Days on the porch. Runs to be had. Movies to see. Patriarchies to be crushed. 

Distance: 3.25 miles
Duration: 31:11
Pace: 9:35
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 67°
Climate: overcast, light rain
Mood: weak

Turning out to be one of my biggest running years yet. Just passed the number of runs I took in 2013. To think, last winter I thought I was done with this, and yet I still love it.

160-169 BPM Playlist
Someday Someway 99 Volt Version) - Marshal Crenshaw
Girlfriend - Avril Lavinge
Black - The Shroud
Can I Be Free From Crying (Underwolves Mix) - Bim Sherman
Headstart for Happiness - The Style Council
Lake Shore Drive - Duran Duran
Vasoline - Stone Temple Pilots
Wide Awake - Katy Perry
Give Him a Great Big Kiss - The Shangri-La's
Single- Natasha Bedingfield
 
Difficult morning. No alcohol yesterday, little on Saturday. But I had spicy food last night and had something like a body hangover today. Vertiginous, clammy, sweaty, first time I took a run and felt I might shit myself along the path. This did not happen. But I don't like feeling this way, no.
 
Stretches: yes
Planks: 90 sec. (2x)
Water: yes

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, strawberry, cherry, banana w/yogurt & sunflower seeds
Coffee Break: latte
Lunch: spinach pie, baba ganouj w/pita
Dinner: popcorn, beer
Cocktail Hour: fizzy water
Alcohol? 1 unit

And I'm like, yeah! Eat everything! It's summer!

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 170 lbs. (-2.0)
Goal: 165 lbs.

No comments: