Sunday, April 17, 2016

Congratulations on a race well-run.


ICYMI ... earlier this week I posted in my writing blog about Hamilton and all those things it made me think about. So, you know. Check that out.

Two weeks ago I ran nine miles to the first act. Today, the second.

Distance: 9.37 miles
Avg Pace: 7:40
Duration: 1:12:24
Route: Lakeview-Uptown Loop
Week Six Total: 25 miles
Training To Date: 127 miles

Warmer weather, faster pace, slightly longer album - more distance. I was under the impression that this, more complicated side, while my favorite of the two acts, might be less inspiring the run to. I was mistaken. And anyway, there are more songs with appropriate beats per minute for me to make time to.

So, there you go. You can run to Hamilton. All of it.

Hamilton (Act II)
I thought of this gag on my run, then found out someone already made it.
What'd I Miss – Burr, Jefferson, Madison, and Company
Cabinet Battle #1 – Washington, Jefferson, Hamilton, and Madison
Take a Break * – Eliza, Philip, Hamilton, and Angelica
Say No to This * – Hamilton, Maria Reynolds, James Reynolds, and Company
The Room Where It Happens * – Burr, Hamilton, Jefferson, Madison, and Company
Schuyler Defeated – Philip, Eliza, Hamilton, and Burr
Cabinet Battle #2 – Washington, Jefferson, Hamilton, and Madison
Washington on Your Side – Burr, Jefferson, and Madison
One Last Time  – Washington, Hamilton, and Company
I Know Him – King George
The Adams Administration – Burr, Hamilton, and Company
We Know * – Burr, Hamilton, Jefferson, and Madison
Hurricane – Hamilton and Company
The Reynolds Pamphlet – Full company
Burn – Eliza
Blow Us All Away – Philip, George Eacker, Hamilton, and Company
Stay Alive (Reprise) * – Philip, Hamilton, Eliza, Doctor
It's Quiet Uptown – Angelica, Hamilton, Eliza, and Company
The Election of 1800 – Jefferson, Madison, Burr, Hamilton, and Company
Your Obedient Servant * – Burr, Hamilton
Best of Wives and Best of Women – Eliza, Hamilton
The World Was Wide Enough – Burr, Hamilton, and Company
Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story – Eliza, and Full Company

Full, active weekend. Moderated a discussion on drinking last night at the Hanna, today the boy has his first soccer game of the season!

In four weeks, we race.

Temperature: 57°
Climate: warm and sunny
Weight: 162 lbs. (-1.0)
Mood: good

Took my time rising today, that was good. Had sunbutter and eggs on English muffins for breakfast (not mixed together) and plenty of water. No, I was not in the mood to carry water, but I made it through all right.

No comments: