Thursday, April 07, 2016

When I look back upon my life it's always with a sense of shame.

Don't know about you, but I can watch the Taylor Swift treadmill ad all day. Except I don't get that bit where she says she hates cardio. Why you got to be like that?

Distance: 5 miles
Avg Pace: 7:44
Duration: 38:43
Route: Boulevard Loop

Sure, two runs in the past fourteen hours, I felt draggy at the start. Chugging along. Also a bit over dressed, rain jacket, gloves, long pants. Thought it might rain, didn't.

But then, here is the breakdown:

Mile One: 7:53
Mile Two: 8:13
Mile Three: 7:56
Mile Four: 7:22
Mile Five: 7:16

So, I guess it depends what your definition of "draggy" is. Mile two is the incline, by the way. Guess I am doing better than I am able to conceive.

Temperature: 43°
Climate: coolish
Weight: 162 lbs. (-1.0)
Mood: angsty

Before school the boy and I were rough housing and I poked him in the eye with my thumb. I was wearing my knit running gloves, so he's got a scratched spot in that tender spot below the eye. Freaked him out for a few seconds, but then he was fine. I mean, it hurt, and I felt terrible. Got him ice, pain reliever, drove him to school.

One day. I need one good day.

What's That Lyric?
It's a Sin - Pet Shop Boys

No comments: