Friday, April 08, 2016

Send David To Alaska

Here's the big news:

One night only, Saturday, May 7, 2016, I will present my award-winning solo performance I Hate This (A play without the baby) at Talespinner Children’s Theatre, 5209 Detroit Avenue.

This autobiographical, one-hour play describes the experiences my wife, Toni, and I had before and after the stillbirth of our first child. He was born 15 years ago this March, and I’ve hoped to have an opportunity to share the piece again in 2016.

Recent productions of I Hate This in Manchester, England, and at Hartwick College in New York, featuring other actors playing me, have encouraged me to try some new things in telling this story that is so important to us.

Any contribution toward my journey to LFTC will be greatly appreciated, but I would be so happy to see you at the performance May 7, by which time I hope – with your help – I will have made my goal.

Click here to visit my GoFundMe page and make a donation and reserve your seat for May 7!

Distance: 4 miles
Avg Pace: 7:39
Duration:30:36
Route: Cain Park Loop

More cold. Bear with it. Speaking of bears, I wonder what how safely I can run in Valdez. Run in packs with jangly keys, I imagine. Headphones would be a very bad idea.

Temperature: 34°
Climate: cool and windy
Weight: 161.5 lbs. (-0.5)
Mood: not bad

Odd playlist, Genius generated, nothing I would have put together for myself, and it was awesome.

Mother Sky Playlist
Mother Sky - CAN
Penetration - The Stooges
I Don't Wanna Be Learned/I Don't Wanna Be Tamed (demo) - The Ramones
Nothing In This World Can Stop Me Worryin' Bout That Girl - The Kinks
Banned In D.C. - Bad Brains
Give Him A Great Big Kiss * - The Shangri-Las
Urban Guerilla - Hawkwind
Dopesmoker - Sleep
Shake Appeal * - The Stooges
Mod Lang - Big Star
The Court of the Crimson King - King Crimson

Jockstrap broke during my run. That's new.

No comments: