Sunday, April 10, 2016

Move on.

First things first, please visit my GoFundMe page and make your plans to see I Hate This at Talespinner Children's Theatre on Saturday, May 7.

Thank you.

Distance: 6 miles
Avg Pace: 8:18
Duration:49:46
Route: Cain Park/Noble Loop
Week Five Total: 21 miles
Training To Date: 102 miles

Snow on the ground. Just another weekend I can throw up my hands and say, well! You can't expect me to do any yard work today. Housework, however, is being done. It has not been a rough winter but it doesn't take much for this place to become a seedy warren.

Temperature: 36°
Climate: cold, windy and unpleasant
Pavement: Fuck you guys.
Weight: 161 lbs. (-0.5)
Mood: fine, I guess

Ugh. That was awful. Not just cold and windy, but the sidewalks were all clogged with ice and snow. Was going to do seven but I was near enough to home I just said fuck it. My knees and ankles hurt. Guess I'm just spoiled this year, this stuff is normal for January, February and March.

Nobody Needs To Know Playlist
Nobody Needs To Know - "The Last Five Years" Original Cast Recording
Hindi Sad Diamonds - "Moulin Rouge" Motion Picture Soundtrack
The Origin of Love - "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" Cleveland Public Theatre
All I Care About - "Chicago" Motion Picture Soundtrack
Superboy and the Invisible Girl - "Next to Normal" Original Cast Recording
In The Heights * - "In The Heights" Original Cast Recording
Move On - "Sunday In The Park With George" Original Cast Recording
Skid Row (Downtown) - "Little Shop of Horrors" Original Cast Recording
Friends On The Other Side * - "The Princess and the Frog" Motion Picture Soundtrack
What Would Brian Boitano Do? - "South Park" Motion Picture Soundtrack

Once again Lin-Manuel Miranda has ruined my day. So, I was looking up Hamilton lyrics on Genius and find that the phrase "Nobody needs to know," in Say No To This is a direct, intentional and authorized reference to the song of that title from the musical The Last Five Years.

People have been telling me to listen to Last Five Years for some time now. Like, for some reason I give people the impression this is my kind of musical.

So last Friday I started by listening to Nobody Needs To Know and got profoundly depressed, so then I watched a pirated video of Norbert Leo Butz performing the song off-Broadway, which was devastating, and so I finally listened to the song in German and just hung my head and cried for the rest of the morning.

No comments: