Sunday, April 24, 2016

He had 2 run away, his pride was 2 strong.

Prince or Poe?
DAD: ... then he changed his name to an unpronounceable symbol, so folks called him The Artist Formerly Known as Prince or sometimes just "The Artist" --
BOY: The Artist sounds cool.

Distance: 10 miles
Avg Pace: 7:51
Duration: 1:18:33
Route: Lakeview to MLK Jr. Blvd. Loop
Week Seven Total: 28 miles 
Training To Date: 155 miles

Did not run to Gandhi, for my usual ten mile. Instead, I wanted to go through the cemetery on my way out, and around Wade Oval in University Circle for a water break before heading down to MLK and the entrance to the Cultural Gardens before heading more or less straight back to make a clean 10 mile run.

If I can run ten miles, half of it uphill, and still average less than an eight minute mile, I must be in some kind of good shape. Beautiful day. Beautiful run.

Temperature: 37°→52°
Climate: cool, then not so cool
Weight: 161 lbs.
Mood: good

Prince Playlist
My Name Is Prince
Gett Off (Purple Pump Mix)
I Feel For Your (remix) - Chaka Khan
Can't Stop This Feeling I Got *
The Glamorous Life (Club Edit) - Sheila E.
Electric Chair
Nasty Girl - Vanity Six
Controversy
Kiss (Anon Mix) - The Art of Noise ft. Tom Jones
Alphabet Street
Girls & Boys
When Doves Cry - Quindon Tarver (from "Romeo + Juliet")
Let's Pretend We're Married
The Beautiful Ones

I am so tired of breaking into tears. But I cleared ten miles just at the climax, and walked, and craned my neck to the sky, through the budding trees. It was cloudless and blue.

I may not know where I'm going, babe. I may not know what I need. But one thing's for certain, baby.

No comments: