Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Burning the ground.

I went to bed last night and thought, I am going to wake up in the middle of the night and not get back to sleep. And sure as hell, that is what happened. Personal issues, work issues, artistic issues, school issues. There was no closing the mout of my mind. So? I woke up at 4:00 AM and got some god damn work done.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 34:34
Pace: 9:36
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 63°
Climate: sunny & cool
Mood: all right
Weight: 177 lbs. (-1.0)

My son asked why I do the "year playlist" thing and I told him several reasons. The primary reason, I told him, was for nostalgia. I cast my mind back into my history and it makes me think and remember, and sometimes it can be creatively stimulating.

Of course, another reason is so that I don't have to think about what it is I am going to listen to. Now that that time of year has passed, I must decide, every run. Will it be for BPM? Or maybe a playlist inspired by a certain song or artist, or an album? And I don't like that. I have enough to think about on a daily basis.

Intake
Breakfast: mixed berry crip w/cream, coffee (2x)
Lunch: tofu, beans & rice, cucumber ribbon salad, sliver of carrot cake
Happy Hour: beer (1x)
Dinner: quinoa salad
Also, fizzy water (3x)

Started out weak. Weak ankles, shins, knees. Finished strong, though. Maybe take a day off tomorrow? Yeah, I really should take the day off tomorrow.

Remember that. Take the day off tomorrow.

What's That Lyric?
Come on, man. You know what that's from.

No comments: