Saturday, June 05, 2021

I feel like I've been run right through the mill.

Those boots.
We did it, we sent a child through public school. I am exhausted.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 29:02
Pace: 9:21
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 75°
Climate: sunny, hot and AWESOME
Mood: excellent
Weight: 182 lbs. (-2.0)

Intake
Breakfast: coffee (2x) 
Lunch: shrimp tempura roll
Treat: Chocolate covered Oreo (1)
Snack: apple
Dinner: air fried brussels sprouts, pasta with mushroom & veggie meat tomator sauce, beer (1x)
Also, fizzy water (3x)

Boy chose the decade. I was surprised, he hates contemporary music. But seeing as 2012 was almost a decade ago, it is ancient to him. It was a banger. We went hot and fast. He gets his second dose today, no idea what he will feel like tomorrow.

Now we're running.

2012 Playlist
Youth Without Youth - Metric
Drive By - Train
Starships - Nicki Minaj
We Found Love - Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna
Bubblegum Bitch - MARINA
I'm Shakin' - Jack White
Boozophilia - Low Cut Connie
Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
Oblivion - Grimes

He says he attracts bugs. He is a bit allergic to mosquito bites, they affect him terribly, big swollen welts. Then there's the spider bite he got in NC once, when he was a child. Traumatic, scary and also made him ill for a shot period. And it just hurt. No, he did not get super powers.

Running through the woods makes him anxious, he just feels the itch all over. I can sympathize with that part. That was me, too, at his age. Skin was an enemy. My acne was much worse at his age than his currently is. Cold comofrt.

No comments: