Monday, June 28, 2021

Foot racing to Putabin Key.

I'm reading a book. It's causing me a lot of stress and I love it. Also, I was free-writing this morning and decided I needed a social media detox. That doesn't include blogging, and I do no need to keep up with my assistantship, which is in social media. But I am going to avoid FB and TWT for the time being.

Because I have no classes. Because it is summer, which provides the illusion of freetime. Because I still have two jobs, and a lot of personal writing work to do. Not just writing, but submitting proposals, etc.

Distance: 5.25 miles
Duration: 53:30
Pace: 10:10
Route: Forest Hill/Neighborhood Loop
Temperature: 82°
Climate: sunny & hot
Mood: good
Weight: 177 lbs. (-1.0)

Hot run, casual. Quite sunny. Perfect album for it. Good lord. Sweaty. I did not expect to run to the entire albu, but I had a mood.

When I Was Born for the 7th Time - Cornershop (1997)
Sleep On the Left Side
Brimful of Asha
Butter the Soul
Chocolat *
We're in Yr Corner
Funky Days Are Back Again
What Is Happening?
When the Light Appears Boy
Coming Up
Good Shit
Good To Be on the Road Back Home
It's Indian Tobacco My Friend *
Candyman
State Troopers (Pr. 1)
Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)

Alternate (US) Cover
The late 1990s I loved all the new shit that was coming down the pipe. Music was experimental, and it was out there, but sometimes you had to find it. "Brimful of Asha" was a minor hit and I was like what is this?

Listening to this record makes me want to smoke a lot of pot. I think that's what it's for. But as I am an ageing Gen Xers, the real reason this one has popped up is the opening track. Sleep on the left side, keep the sword hand free. Not for me, though. Sleep on the left side, because sleeping on the right side means you cannot relax for the hard beating of your heart. 

Sunday Intake
Breakfast: coffee (3x)
Lunch: beef ramen w/pork rib, Diet Coke (1x)
Anniversary Dinner: cocktail (1x), 1/2 goat cheese tart, watercress salad, salmon w/crab over risotto, cheese plate  
Also: fizzy water (1x), Old Fashioned

Monday Intake
Breakfast: coffee (2x)
Lunch: beef ramen w/pork rib, Coca-cola (1x)
Dinner: faro salad w/steamed artichoke, aoli
Also, fizzy water (2x)

No comments: