Sunday, April 08, 2018

Half Marathon Training Week Six

Last night the boy and I went for a long-postponed visit to Chicago Chicken & Waffles downtown where I ate more in a single sitting than I believe I have in some time. We had a great time, there was even a live trio playing instrumentals of R&B classics (Stevie Wonder, "On Broadway") and we relaxed and talked and it was great.

He said he knows he eats too much, and I blame myself for some of this. Since he was very small we would "celebrate" all the time by going to interesting restaurants or getting ice cream. I worry I was the one who created in him an association between eating high calorie food and happiness. But at least we talked about it.

Distance: 6.35 miles
Duration: 58:45
Pace: 9:15
Route: Chagrin Valley Parkway
Temperature: 30•
Climate: partly cloudy
Pavement: trail run!
Mood: not bad

A trail run with Chris is a damn good time. We were both bitching about the cold. Sick of this. And yet! Partner run, it's a good thing. Lot of variety in grade, occasional stream to cross, walked very little mostly ran.

Stretches: no

I would love for next Sunday to be nice weather, I'd like us to do the bike path on the Shoreway. Maybe Dike 14!

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 166.6 lbs. (-1.0)
Goal: 165 lbs.

No comments: