Saturday, April 07, 2018

Broken branches trip me as I speak.

#NewDayNewPlay
I worked really hard to avoid running today. Chris and I are supposed to do six tomorrow, I did three yesterday, why run?

Because it's Saturday, that's why.

But he ran today, and I had to help encourage him to do it. So I felt an obligation. To him, and to myself.

2003 Playlist
Sunrise - Simply Red
It's My Life - No Doubt
Boombox - Mosquitos
Superstar - Jamelia
There There (The Boney King) - Radiohead
Comfortably Numb - Scissor Sisters

The Queer Eye Years!

Distance: 2.5 miles
Pace: 8:18
Route: Horizon Loop
Temperature: 33•
Climate: cold & sunny
Pavement: dry
Mood: not sure

That was hard. Hard at first, just getting out the fucking door. Then hard, as I felt winded and weak. It was cold, but sunny. Beautiful day. So I pushed. The music helped me push. I pushed all the way up a steady incline, walked for a bit and powered through, down a hill and home.

I was gasping when I returned. If my phone is to be believed, I was going faster than I am used to. So? No wonder.

Stretches: yes

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 167.5 lbs. (+0.5)
Goal: 165 lbs.

No comments: