Monday, April 23, 2018

Run fast for your father.

Blew off a ten-mile yesterday, chose instead to relax in bed. That's a euphemism, but not the one that you're thinking of.

Getting that scrawny old man look back in my face.

2009 Playlist
Dance Wiv Me - Dizzee Rascal ft. Calvin Harris & Chrome
Heads Will Roll - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
One Day - The Juan MacLean
Good Life - OneRepublic
Not Fair - Lily Allen
Dog Days Are Over * - Florence + The Machine
Fascination - La Roux

This time last year, I was through with running. My hip hurt too much, and I had started physical therapy. This did not work out as I had hoped, so I abandoned the sessions.

They cost too much and my therapist had stopped checking in on me, leaving his assistant to just watch me while I went through the exercises. This went on for weeks, so I just stopped going.

What I found is that I can live with the pain, if I do the exercises my self -- and run. I must run. Without running, I get depressed. I go a little crazy.

I missed the spring last year. It is my intention not to let that happen again.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Pace: 8:12
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 55°
Climate: bright and cool
Mood: good. right? good.

Stretches: yes

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 166.5 lbs. (+2.5)
Goal: 160 lbs.

Ok. Is it the scale ..?

No comments: