Sunday, April 29, 2018

Things'll get brighter.

"The Courtyard if the Doge’s Palace
with the Papal Nuncio Stoppani
and Senators in Procession”
by Antonio Joli (detail)
Chris and I planned a ten mile today. But it's in the thirties and forties today, and I am sick of it. Just sick of it. I have had two, cold, long runs in the past two weeks and I am not having another one. The forecast says sixties and seventies for the next week, after today. That I can deal with.

1969 Playlist
Ooh Child - The Five Stairsteps
A Boy Named Sue (Live) - Johnny Cash
Brother Love's Travelling Salvation Show - Neil Diamond
White Light White Heat - Velvet Underground
Everybody's Talkin' - Harry Nilsson

Seeing Infinity War tonight. No spoilers.

Distance: 2:35 miles
Pace: 8:08
Route: Horizon Loop
Temperature: 40•
Climate: breezy, cold
Pavement: dry
Mood: not good

Hard run. Unenthusiastic. I charged though, into the wind, in the cold. Sick of it. Two miles, I'm just not into anymore.

But nothing feels better than an eight-oh-eight.

Stretches: yes

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 164 lbs. (-0-)
Goal: 160 lbs.

Entering a dietary danger zone. Some days too much, some days too little. Yesterday it was bagels and poutine. Eating makes me happy. But other things make me happy, too. I just need to find out what they are.

No comments: