Tuesday, April 03, 2018

I got to move.

How Neuroscientists Explain the Mind-Clearing Magic of Running
By Melissa Dahl, The Cut (4/21/2016)

I haven't read this, but I will eventually. Right now, I have to run.

1970 Playlist
No Matter What - Badfinger
Super Bad (Parts 1 & 2) - James Brown
Moondance - Van Morrison
Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours - Stevie Wonder
Little Green Bad - George Baker
Mama Told Me Not To Come - Randy Newman
Gallows Pole - Led Zeppelin
Your Song - Elton John

Distance: 3.38 miles
Route: Boulevard Loop
Temperature: 58°
Climate: rain -- but only at the very, very end
Pavement: wet
Mood: good, really.

Night run. Sometimes you just say ... if not now, when? Besides, this is the warmest it will be for several days. God, I am sick of cold this year.

The leg still pulls, and the knee hurts, the left knee. I feel like I am running wrong. I am trying to manage my strides, but it is not easy. It felt better as I went along. A great night for running, perfect. Cool, a little humid. I saw lightning flashes around mile two, and just as I turned onto our street it started coming down.  And that was fine.

Stretches: yes

I have been backsliding, putting things into my mouth I should not. Cookie here, handful of something there. I need to restrain myself.

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 167 lbs. (-1.5)
Goal: 165 lbs.

This is end of the day weight, no idea if it is relevant.

No comments: