Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Forest Hill Bike/Run

Ow, shit. Pulled a muscle in my thigh doing stretches. It was a hot run, the boy on his bike and I trying to keep up. Sometimes on these excursions I go too fast, on a hot, sunny day like today it's all too fast.

The boy has gotten so moody, it's distressing. I try to keep positive, and to engage, but sometimes it's just too much. I remember how much he used to love these runs, and he probably still does, inside. But he doesn't let me know about it. He seems so down.

Distance: 4.3 miles
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 85•
Climate: HOT
Mood: all right

We did have a conversation though, about music. I had been thinking about music today, and wanted to hear from him. I was patient, asking a question, and waiting for a response. For this I was rewarded with an answer.

Exercises: a few

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 165.5 lbs. (+2.5)
Goal: 160 lbs.

That I ate all that fried Southern cooking and other junk food for over a week and only gained two and a half pounds is amazing.

No comments: