Sunday, June 25, 2023

I'm too thin.

Why the redface?
First time I heard "Crosseyed and Painless" was that summer "Salute to Talking Heads" they aired on Night Flight. The song was five years old by that time, a single from Remain In Light which never received airplay in Cleveland, at least not on commercial radio.

Host Pat Prescott told me the music video for "Crosseyed" was the first ever to include breakdancing, and I guess that's true? It was directed and choreographed by Toni Basil (Mickey!) and did not include any members of the band.

Distance: 4.5 miles
Duration: 42:24
Pace: 9:25
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 80°
Climate: sunny & hot
Mood: a little anxious

Remain In Light - Talking Heads (1980)
Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On)
Crosseyed and Painless (Alternative Version)
The Great Curve (152 BPM)
Once In a Lifetime
Houses In Motion
Seen and Not Seen
Listening Wind
The Overload 
 
"The Overload" is not a good song to end a run to.
 
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 90 sec. (2x) 
Upper body: tbd
Water: yes

I am in a place where I don't obsess about eating. This is good, because I don't have to say no to things. Ice cream? Sure!

We are headed to Cincinnati for a couple days, for our son's orientation. I think I will leave the shoes at home. I will run in Cincinnati eventually.

Pre-run: banana
Breakfast: coffee w/cream, oatmeal w/dried fruit, butter, brown sugar, cream
Lunch: Turkey gravy & biscuit
Car food: Vanilla Coke, Cheezits, Pringles, Slim Jim
Dinner: smash burger, truffle fries, wedge salad
Alcohol? 50W Double IPA

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 170 lbs. (-0-)
Goal: 165 lbs.

Reading: no
Writing: yes
Blog?

No comments: