Friday, June 30, 2023

You put your cleanest dirty shirt on then you stagger down to meet the dawn.

When I need to run in my sleep, it doesn’t go very well. My feet have little traction and seem to slip, or my legs are just too dense and weighty to move very fast. Bad news when you are trying to escape villains.

The Big Express - XTC (1984)
Wake Up 
All You Pretty Girls
Shake You Donkey Up
Seagulls Screaming Kiss Her Kiss Her
This World Over
The Everyday Story of Smalltown
I Bought Myself a Liarbird
Reign of Blows
You're the Wish You Are I Had
I Remember the Sun
Train Running Low on Soul Coal


Another testosterone-infused record from Partridge & Moulding. Not one I glommed ontp during my college years, but later during my alt-theater years. It's shame, too because the upbeat tempo and aggressive self-centeredness would have much suited my sophomore mindset.

Recently I have been obsessing the song "I Remember the Sun" which is not actually about climate change and global annihilation, but just a sweet memory of getting the shit kicked out of you by a local bully. 

The air is bad again today. We have all the windows closed. Maybe I shouldn't run. But it's so sunny out.

Distance: 4.7 miles
Duration: 43:31
Pace: 9:15
Route: Forest Hill Loop +
Temperature: 77°
Climate: overcast & muggy
Mood: all right

That album closes well.

Stretches: yes
Sit-Ups: 10
Planks: 90 sec. 
Upper body: 10 reps.
Water: yes

Breakfast: coffee w/cream 
Lunch: ice cream in a cake cone
Treat: butterscotch sundae w/pretzels (yes.)
Dinner: brisket tacos, chips & salsa, coke
Alcohol? Market Garden Lemon Shandy
Movie time: popcorn

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 170 lbs. (-1.5)
Goal: 165 lbs.

No comments: