Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Something's got to give.

Gentlemen will run with shirts.
Others are asked to.
Last Wednesday a storm blew through and we lost power for almost two entire days. Those were two strange days, even if I did spend part of them in my office downtown. That was also confusing.

Anyway, I did not pay much attention to my intake. I was eating whatever, it's a sign of weakness, I know. The ansence of electric light and air conditioning rendered me somewhat bewildered. And exhausted. It was very hot.

Then, over the weekend we traveled to drop our eldest at college. Yes, that happened. And again, we ate. And I tried not to worry about it too much. Big brunch at Casa. A decadent (and expensive) meal of beef at the Blennerhassett Hotel. And fast food on the way home.

I have also been suddenly plagued by an unspeakable condition which is causing pain and distress. It makes me wonder how I will be able to run. Regardless, I got this far. I can't backslide now.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 30:17
Pace: 9:46
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 70°
Climate: overcast & damp (ugh)
Mood: all right
Weight: 171.5 lbs. (+1.5)

Good run, glad to be back again. Very glad to be back on the streets.

Monday Intake
Breakfast: coffee (2x), granola with yogurt, banana & peach 
Coffee Break: latte, three small sugar cookies
Snack; apple, diet Coke
Lunch: small bowl of potato chips (what)
Dinner: salad, vegan pizza
Nightcap: Manhattan

oh shit, oh fuck playlist
Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz
Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
Bodies - Drowning Pool
Be Like Me - Ms. Toi ft. Nelly
Cat Flag - Grow Rich
Jesus, Etc. - Wilco
Aerodynamic - Daft Punk
The Rat - The Walkmen

No comments: