Saturday, August 07, 2021

The city streets are empty now.

Molly Seidel wins USA Bronze in 2:27.46
Women's Marathon, Toyko 2020 Olympics
Only her third marathon!
(My third marathon I ran 3:42:07)
This week has made me tired. Just tired. I will nap and wake up tired. Doesn't help that last night I woke at 2 AM, and tossed about in bed for an hour. Finally I got up and read before sleeping on the couch, then back in bed. The hours added up to a full night's sleep but it's not the same thing.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 30:25
Pace: 9:48
Route: Forest Hills Loop
Temperature: 72°
Climate: sunshine & light rain
Mood: better!
Weight: 171 lbs. (-1.0)

This is the first time I have shut out work for the duration of a two week vacation in twenty-five years. In fact, it was because I hadn't checked my work voice mail for two weeks in 1996 that we missed out on a promotional opportunity, a fact which seems trivial now but at the time I felt a great deal of shame about it. Since then I have continually checked my work email, all during vacations. I don't always respond, but I keep in touch. Not this year. Hopefully never again.

Tomorrow, however, I will have to resume in preparation for Monday. What will happen?

Intake
Breakfast: cafe con leche
Lunch: ramen w/fried egg & salsa
Snack: Four squares of cheese with four crackers.
Dinner: tomatoes w/oil & fresh basil, toasted pita w/lemon salt & oil, a variety of small cheeses

Tonight, Sean McPherson is playing nothing but the 70s. Gonna be a good night.

What's That Lyric?
Turn to Stone - ELO

No comments: