Monday, June 27, 2022

All I want to do is have a little fun before I die.

Baking by seven am. Last night was our anniversary, so we were up later than anyone else (there are small children in the house) but I would not have said too late. Even so, I might need to set an alarm just to catch the dawn from the deck.

By the way, the nation has lost its mind. And here I am having a vacation on the beach. Just seems wrong.

Distance: 4 miles
Duration: 37:39
Pace: 9:25
Route: Topsail Island Beach
Temperature: 81°
Climate: hot & sunny
Mood: all right
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 90 sec.
Water: yes

Scorcher. Direct sun. Yeah, running at six might be preferable. And yet! That was awesome. Just not sure I can do it every day.

Thinking about the script. Thinking about two new lines. Must write those down.

What are we all going to do without air conditioning?

What's That Lyric?
All I Wanna Do - Sheryl Crow

And here's a note on diet. Mindfulness. I'm in the land of delicious fried food. I am going to eat it. I'm just not going to eat all of it. Saturday afternoon, a fried green tomato sandwich and fries -- I ate all the fries, that was a misstep. But I had a salad for dinner and sampled everyone else's greasy things.

Yesterday I had half a vegetable quesadilla and a few of the fried pickles and mushrooms ordered by others. Last night was our anniversary dinner at the Breezeway way they make, honest to God, the best hush puppies I've ever had. Clam strips and fries for dinner, but I didn't even eat half.

Still. Too many fries. Fewer fries. So many great fried things, potatoes are basic.

Now that we're settled into the house, I think we will go a bit easier on that stuff. But I do have half a quesadilla in the fridge for breakfast.

No comments: