Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Been running so fast.

On the Verge
O.U. School of Theatre, 1989

There are already marked difference between my last attempt at a marathon and this one. I have scheduled for myself a more intensive training session, with more long runs, soon. And yet, I do not obsess about them. In fact, training takes up very little of my mind during the day. I run when I run, and then I do not think about it.

That's not exactly true -- I do think about it, taking a little time in advance to plan playlists, and to map runs, to set out clothes for tomorrow, in my diet and general health. A small amount of preparation means I do not fret, I do not worry.

At least, not about running.

The long runs come, and they go. 15 miles were accomplished last week, and I moved on with my day. Last Saturday, 12. And it was done. This Saturday -- 18? Maybe, maybe not, it's a good weekend for it. I would like to try heading to Dead Man's Curve via North Marginal Drive and back. However, unlike my summer training, bathrooms and water fountains are not accessible. I will figure something out.

Distance: 5 miles
Route: Neighborhood loop

I also compose these blog entries whenever an idea strikes me, as opposed to right after a run, when my mind is entirely blank.

Temperature: 55º
Pavement: wet. slimy & smelly
Climate: GORGEOUS
Weight: 166.5 lbs.
Breakfast: Grapefruit & scrambled eggs with ham & cheese
Hydration? yes
Stretches? no

155-159 BPM Playlist
All the Young Dudes - Mott the Hoople
Collapse - Soul Coughing
Working In The Coal Mine - Devo
Someone to Talk To - The Police
The Generator - Lilys
Man In A Suitcase (Live) - The Police
Head Over Heels - The Go-Go's
Maniac - Michael Sembello
On the Verge - Nick Robinson
The Eton Rifles - The Jam
Cool Places - Sparks
Come Out and Play - The Offspring
Reptile - The Church

No comments: