Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Let's run away and don't ever look back.

The 5-Mile Neighborhood Loop

Distance: 5 miles
Route: Neighborhood loop

Daily runs get longer. Must build endurance, can't do it by either trying to rush through my run, to get it over with, nor can I simply plod along with my head down, taking smaller steps. I need to keep my head up, and use longer strides.

Once I have completed the 45 Playlists I need to find music to listen to which will inspire me. I have been logging bpms in my iTunes for years now, and have 5 bpm interval lists which I will try experimenting with. Unfortunately, it's a lot of the same stuff I always hear.

There are a couple of old favorite, 45-60 minute workout podcasts I'd like to listen to, and there's always P0DRUNNER. Suggestions, as always, are welcome.

Temperature: 48º
Climate: cool, breezy & bright
Weight: 167.5 lbs.
Snack: banana
Hydration? yes
Stretches? no

Now ... having said all that, about running five miles ... we had a tour date this afternoon, right here in the Heights at the temporary home of the Cleveland Sight Center. As we were loading out I had my eye on my watch. Time was getting short if I were to run five miles before I needed to pick my kids up from their extra-curricular activities. By the time I got home I had forty minutes to spare.

I ran my ass off.

2010 Playlist
Tightrope - Janelle Monáe ft. Big Boi
We Speak No Americano - Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP
Down For the Count - Girl Talk
Gonna Get This - Hannah Montana ft. lyaz
OMG [Almighty Mix] - Usher ft. will.i.am
Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) - Shakira ft. Freshlyground
Velvet - Queue Up
Dynamite (Mixin Marc Remix) - Taio Cruz

No comments: