Saturday, March 24, 2012

Velocity.

The Velocity of Autumn by Eric Coble
Beck Center through April 29
Starring Dorothy Silver
Photo: Kathy Sandham

Ennui sets in. Almost eight weeks to go, feeling not just tired but disinterested. I am sure this is a direct result of post-opening night let-down. Yay, I did something big ... now what?

Well. Train for a freaking marathon, I guess.

Distance: 12 miles
Route: Neighborhood loop 2x

And then we run, and I feel much, much better. Next week, according to my schedule, I am supposed to run 20 miles. The first of three twenty-mile runs prior to the event. This is a good idea, for my last training session, six years ago, I ran one 20-miler and it was like summiting Everest to me. Last week I ran 18 miles, and thought, eh. Hurt a little for a day. Not much. Still got on with life just fine.

So, the question is, I guess, do I depart before dawn and try and reach my parents' house by breakfast? Got a week to figure that out.
1. Wishing a "chappy chello" to smiling Orthodox families taking a walk through Cain Park.

2. Hey, Erin! It's Spring! Turn the water fountain on!

3. Passed Karl, driving by on Euclid Hts. Blvd. on my second lap. Yes, sir. It was a good run.
Temperature: 63º
Climate: cool & overcast. sweet.
Weight: 163.5 lbs.
Snack: banana + sunbutter & fruit yogurt smoothie
Hydration? yes
Stretches? yes

Podrunner:
Furioso (167 BPM)
Mustapha Dance * - The Clash (128 BPM)
Overground (165 BPM)

* Just a note, including a down-beat songs in the midst of long, bpm-orietned playlists doesn't really do anything for me.

No comments: