Wednesday, March 21, 2012

You wonder where the hell you are.


Oh, I get it. First day of Spring, suddenly every in Lakewood remembers there's this thing called "running." I swear, driving by Lakewood Park was like being one of the cars in FROGGER.

Distance: 5 miles
Route: Neighborhood loop

At the start of marathon training, I said it would be necessary to:
Get a new pair of shoes.
Stop eating any processed snack chips.
Lose between ten and fifteen pounds.
Have a water bottle with me at all times.
Play more. Facebook less.
I have done all of those things, except for the part about the water bottle, which I am working on. It's nice to set goals and accomplish them!

Now I really ned a new glasses strap. All sweaty. In March.

Temperature: 82º
Climate: hot!
Weight: 165.5 lbs.
Meal: spaghetti & red sauce
Hydration? yes
Stretches? no

155-159 BPM Playlist*
Talk To Ya Later - The Tubes
The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades - Timbuk 3
Racist Friend - Special AKA
Tokyo Storm Warning - Elvis Costello & The ATtractions
I Predict A Riot - Kaiser Chiefs
I Don't Want To Fall In Love - She Wants Revenge
Halo - Beyonce
Harborcoat - R.E.M.
Angst In My Pants - Sparks
A Million Miles Away - The Plimsouls

*Most excellent BPM for hot, sunny weather.

No comments: