Saturday, March 03, 2012

What happened?


Diana asked what might be on my 2012 Playlist ... so let me ask you, what running songs should I include on my playlist for the year-so-far next Thursday?

Distance: 15.25 miles
Route: Heights Fifteen
Duration: 2 hr. 15 min.

Very busy, this boy, on the workfront. Touring, deadlines, creative writing (or editing) with a promise, and always, homecare. Recently I have been waking at roughly 3 AM to be just barely awake. The wife notices I fidget, but then so do I. It's not alcohol, because I have not been drinking any. It's just whatever is rolling around my head.
1. Breakfast on Richmond with Peter Gabriel

2. Gust of wind on Green Rd. knocked one of my feet against the other in an intersection, almost wiped out.

3. Pre-occupied by world affairs on Belvoir, almost hit by a speeding car.

4. Charging into wind on Cedar only made me smile, knowing it would be to my back on Euclid and Monticello.

5. Stopped to seriously tighten my laces. Goodness, my shoes were loose, no wonder I have foot problems.

6. Original plan was to run through Lakeview Cemetery, but I arrived about five minutes before the opened the gate. I know this because the Euclid Avenue entrance was open by the time I passed there.

A. THINGS THAT TROUBLE ME ON LONG RUNS:
Wind, runny nose, cold hands.

B. THINGS THAT DO NOT TROUBLE ME ON LONG RUNS:
Energy, strength, hydration, because I take care of these things.
Temperature: 39º
Climate: cool, dry w/gusts of wind
Weight: 165.5 lbs.
Snack: banana, cereal bar & fruit leather
Hydration? yes
Stretches? no

The last several days I have eaten a lot of cookies.

2008 Playlist
Just Dance - Lady Gaga
Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It) - Beyoncé
A Thing For Me - Metronomy
Poker Face - Lady Gaga
Thnks Fr Th Mmrs - Fall Out Boy
A-Punk - Vampire Weekend
Check Yes Juliet (167 bpm) - We the Kings
Three-Way - The Magnetic Fields
Down to Earth - Peter Gabriel
1973 - James Blunt
Jai Ho - A.R. Rahman
American Boy - Estelle ft. Kanye West
Certified - Calvin Harris
Paradise - Ana Serrano van der Laan
Black & Gold - Sam Sparro
Mercy - Duffy
Here's the Thing - Girl Talk
Breakeven - The Script
4 Minutes - Madonna ft. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland
15 Step - Radiohead
Lights & Music - Cut Copy
Set It Off - Girl Talk
Walking On a Dream [Kaskade Remix] - Empire of the Sun
Campus (163 bpm) - Vampire Weekend
Hold On - Holy Ghost!
Go All The Way (Into the Twilight) - Perry Farrell
Blind - Hercules and Love Affair
Who Knew - Pink
Great DJ - The Ting Tings
Let Me See You - Girl Talk
Halo - Beyoncé
So What - Pink
Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa - Vampire Weekend
No Pause - Girl Talk
Le Disko - Shiny Toy Guns

Thanks for the push up Forest Hill, B. That was well-timed.

No comments: