Saturday, March 26, 2016

I can make you feel ... okay.

#TeamUSPS
Exhaustion coupled with an inability to sleep in without developing severe head pain. I mean, I have not been able to go to sleep nor stay asleep for weeks and weeks. Last night we turned in at a reasonable hour but I was awake countless times during the night, finally settling into something like unbroken slumber only to wake up after dawn with a head packet with pain.

Not the morning I wanted, feeling headachy and ill. Allergy medication was taken. A hot shower was employed. Just needed to sit and wait it out. Hard to read, hard to write.

Distance: 7 miles
Avg Pace: 7:30
Duration: 52:40
Route: Hocking River Bike Trail
Week Three Total: 20 miles
Training To Date: 55 miles

The day slowly grew into one of glorious skies and air. Took a brief afternoon nap because I think that is the only way I am going to survive or get through all of this; supplemental afternoon rest.

I still have a tic.

Since arriving in Athens (a little more than twenty-four hours ago) I have made a point of eating as many snack chips and other fried crunchy things as possible because that seems to make me some kind of happy.

Temperature: 64°
Climate: warm
Mood: ... okay.

Perfect day on the bike trail. Yes, there are students about this holiday weekend, but there are obviously fewer. Cloudless skies, almost like summer. High BPM, seven and a half minute miles.

Seven miles is too far to go without water. The right side of my head was aching for a bit after I stopped.

All right. Time to head to Casa.

1977 Playlist
Heroes - David Bowie
I Love Playin' With Fire - The Runaways
More Than a Woman - Bee Gees
Commando - The Ramones
I'm Partial To Your Abracadabra - Ian Drury & The Blockheads
Mystery Dance - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Love Gun - KISS
Stayin' Alive - Bee Gees
Less Than Zero - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Sheena Is a Punk Rocker * - The Ramones
Suzy Is A Headbanger - The Ramones
Never Going Back - Fleetwood Mac
Welcome To The Working Week - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Nothing Achieving * - The Police
California Sun - The Ramones
Capital One Radio - The Clash
Christine Sixteen - KISS
Sheer Heart Attack - Queen
Love → Building On Fire - Talking Heads
Cretin Hop  - The Ramones

No comments: