Monday, March 28, 2016

Shake the stress away.

Birmingham (2007)
Big day, must work. Returned home from Athens yesterday afternoon, the rest of everyone continues to enjoy themselves is in the bosom of Elliottsville Road. Anxiety rests constant in my abdomen. Much to do, to organize, to be. Writing occurs only as a form of exercise, I would be better served by creating wide, graceful loops on paper with a lacquered chopstick in my hand.

Distance: 3 miles
Avg Pace: 8:06
Duration: 24:25
Route: Forest Hill Loop

Challenging to get out. Banged my knee on a railing jumping for yesterday's paper. Just, don't ask. Shorts, yes, but also a warm hat and gloves. Perfect. Spitting rain just as I headed out, but it almost immediately ceased. Fierce wind to fight against heading out, pushing me along as I headed back.

15 Step is 189 beats per minute. That is insane. When the wind is at your back, it is also a lot of fun.

Temperature: 45°
Climate: damp and cool
Weight: 165 lbs.
Mood: all right

Okay. It is now officially time to stop eating or drinking whatever the hell I want to.

2007 Playlist
1973 - James Blunt
Please Read The Letter - Robert Plant & Alison Kraus
Club Situation - Gravy Train!!!
Don't Stop the Music - Rhianna
Flathead - The Fratellis
15 Step - Radiohead

Warmdown
The Boys - Dragonette

Two Thousand Seven, where this all began, this mania to run annual playlists in some effort to inspire me to run as often as possible during the deep winter months. Not much of a winter though, this year. In 2012 I closed the list out on March 9. There were five fewer years to log, but it was still an impressive accomplishment. I guess.

Four more. What should go onto a 2016 playlist?

No comments: