Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The sweat keeps rolling off the tip of my nose.

DJBG
Recently I have discovered Erie Effusion ("the B- Side of the Electronic Eighties") on WRUW, hosted by DJBG, Sundays from 6-8 PM.

People think I am some kind of 80s guy, but really, I'm not. I didn't know anything when I was a teenager. Everything seriously cool I picked up later.

Anyway, it's an awesome program. I thought I'd heard it all from that decade. I was wrong.

However, please stop alerting me to CNN's upcoming 1980s documentary special on my Facebook page. I am sure it will be tedious and nothing I need.

Distance: 4 miles
Avg Pace: 7:16
Duration: 29:02
Route: Forest Hill Loop

Burning it. Awesome playlist. Huh. 1982 is perhaps the only playlist that doesn't hit me with a pang of regret. Eighth grade ended, freshman year began. There was a lot of heartache, and hideous embarrassment ... but also some amazing discoveries.

Temperature: 64°
Climate: overcast and warm
Weight: 162.5 lbs. (-1.5)
Mood: good

Speaking of discoveries, today plans are being laid for a performance in early May which I will be announcing soon. And on my run today I had a significant brainstorm. Not sure if I am going to follow through on it, but it was really something. I need to write, something I have not done in far too many days.

1982 Playlist
Wild Sex (In the Working Class) - Oingo Boingo
I Want Candy - Bow Wow Wow
My Own Way - Duran Duran
New Religion (Carnival Version) - Duran Duran
Lysistrata - Utopia
Shock the Monkey - Peter Gabriel
I Know What Boys Like - The Waitresses
How Stupid Mr. Bates - The Police

Actually, I did listen to all of that when I was a teenager. Not as square as I thought.

Warmdown
Gypsy - Fleetwood Mac


No comments: