Sunday, March 20, 2016

Long, black train.

First day of Spring. Earliest I have gotten up this year intentionally to take a run. Would have just gone back to sleep but there are plans ahead. Plans to visit the aquarium, the zoo, visit Riverside. Later we will have cake.

Plans for the week, too. The wife is taking a writing holiday and we will miss her. Next week the kids will visit Athens for the week. So many plans. So much to do. So much life moving forward.

The other day I had occasion to read over I Hate This. Strange, I last performed this piece five years ago. I watched it performed last fall, Reading it out loud myself, there were things that struck me as odd. Dated. And by dated, I mean they didn't make sense coming out of my mouth in 2016.

Fifteen years. The more things change, the more they will never be the same again.

Distance: 6 miles
Avg Pace: 7:50
Duration: 47:01
Route: Cain Park-Noble Loop
Week Two Total: 18 miles
Training to Date: 35 miles


My back has been acting up. What a pain.

Temperature: 30°
Climate: light snow
Weight: 162.5 lbs.
Mood: sleepy

2001 Playlist
August Day Song (King Britt Mix) - Bebel Gilberto
Smoke - Cornelius
Hella Good - No Doubt
Lady Marmalade - Christina Aguilera, Lil Kim, Mya & Pink
Can't Get You Out of My Head - Kylie Minogue
Mystery Train - Michael J. Sheehy
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk
This Charming Man - Stars
Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors - Radiohead
Start the Commotion - Wiseguys
Weapon of Choice - Fatboy Slim
Digital Love - Daft Punk

No comments: