Friday, March 24, 2023

Could you please walk a little slower?

So far, March Mildness has been a success. It has been easy to say no, just yesterday I thought hey, I'm in a coffee show, getting tea. Why not a cookie? But why a cookie, would I enjoy it? Am I in the mood for a cookie, or is it just that cookies are readily available (and not even that, I'd have to pay for it) so I just got the tea. Easy.

And the alcohol. Really. Sitting in a bar with my brother drinking a Coke (it could have been water) I was worried about what the bartender might think -- for a moment. Then I just enjoyed my Coke.

There's a week left, we are going out of town. That makes me think, ooh, dining out, won't I want to drink? Well, no, actually. I'd rather keep a clear head, thanks. It feels good.

What about the future? Stop keeping the beer fridge fully stocked, for one thing. It encourages consumption. Doing dishes is not a cause for celebration. Save it for the weekend, or special moments. Sure, a show, a movie, a dinner out. Sitting in front of the fire on a Tuesday evening, a glass of water would also taste good. Yeah, I said it. Taste.

Distance: 2.25 miles
Duration: 22:57
Pace: 10:03
Route: Horizon Loop (clockwise)
Temperature: 53°
Climate: overcast & cold
Pavement: dry
Mood: determined

1968 Playlist
Open My Eyes - Nazz
Astral Weeks - Van Morrison
A Little Less Conversation - Elvis Presley
Love Child - Diana Ross & The Supremes
Girl Watcher - The O'Kaysions
Street Fighting Man - The Rolling Stones
Glass Onion - The Beatles 
 
Know what has truly improved? My lungs. No more gasping, I should make note of whether or not I am sighing anymore. Or as much. I will always sigh.

Standing up might make me huff with exertion, but that's because my muscles ache, my knees.
 
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 90 sec.
Water: yes

Breakfast: coffee w/oatmilk, pizza slice, ranch
Lunch: cake, ice cream
Happy Hour: raspberry fizzy water
Dinner: crab cake, latke, tuna w/sweet potatoes & mushrooms, a few bites of assorted dessert

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 183.5 lbs. (-1.0)
Goal: 180 lbs.

No comments: