Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Take a breath and go for yours.

Weather! Am I right? So, it was beautiful yesterday morning, then the clouds rolled in just after lunch. Rain, rainy, rainy March day. The way it should be! And yet. Love a beautiful spring day.

Distance: 2 miles
Duration: 18:53
Pace: 9:27

No toxicants for five days. Resting better than usual. No melatonin no Benadryl. Just lying down and crashing to sleep.

1990 Playlist
Candy - Iggy Pop ft. Kate Pierson  
Don't Fence Me In - David Byrne
It's All Right With Me - Tom Waits
Luck of Lucien - A Tribe Called Quest
Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) - C+C Music Factory

Route: Burlington Loop (counterclockwise)
Temperature: 41°
Climate: foggy & misty
Pavement: damp
Mood: good

BREAKTHROUGH! Only planning to go one mile, cold and rainy. But I hit the pavement and notice I could breathe. Like, really breathe, not winded at all. I am succeeding.

My problem is, I haven't gotten a gym membership. I should have (there's that word again) continued my regimen through the winter. But it's about time, isn't it? Ah, well. Glad I am getting back to the condition I prefer.

Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Breakfast: fresh fruit, Greek yogurt, nuts, dried fruit, granola
Coffee Brea: latte w/nonfat milk
Lunch: sunbutter & jelly sandwich, carrots & celery, Cherry Coke Zero, chocolate cake
Dinner: fish & chips w/tartar sauce and ketchup, slaw
Cocktail Hour: beach plum fizzy water

Passed on candy in the office. But accepted the birthday cake. Let us say yes to celebratory dessert.

Baseline: 185 lbs.
Weight: 185 lbs. (+1.0) 
Goal: 180 lbs.

Yeah, that baked potato serving was fucking mammoth.

Core Strength: 20 sit-ups

No comments: