Tuesday, March 05, 2024

I looked up at the tallest building, felt it falling down.

Paul Atreidies is a bitch.
First bad sleep in days, but that was due to it being a Monday. they usually call off on Mondays (or Tuesdays). It's a fact. So I drowse but not doze. 

Anyway, March Mildness is an opportunity to take stock of how much alcohol occupies my imagination. Like social media, it is a thing I rely on as a distraction. "Alcohol will relax/inspire/entertain me."

The beer fridge is empty, I emptied it over the month of February. There is no beer to drink in the house. I have not made a "mocktail" for myself, yet. Part of not drinking is avoiding added sugar. The wife has a new interest, sparkling mineral water. I would like to indulge in that, myself.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 29:57
Pace: 9:39

Weather in the Heights was lovely once we got home, but Monday evening I chose to see Dune 2 instead of running. Besides, my knees are very sore. Not sure what I can do about that. Just stretch and compress and take pain reliever and maintain.

2000 Playlist
The Staunton Lick - Lemon Jelly  
Ms. Jackson - Outkast
Downside Up - Peter Gabriel ft. Elizabeth Fraiser
It's Gonna Be Me * - *NSYNC
Barely Legal * - The Strokes
Saginou * - Zulya
Frog - Nits

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 58°
Climate: sunny & breezy
Mood: working on it

Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Monday
Breakfast: Reuben Bagel
Refreshment: bottled lemon iced tea
Lunch: sunbutter & jelly sandwich
Dinner: popcorn

Tuesday
Breakfast: fresh fruit, yogurt, granola nuts & dried fruit
Lunch: ramen w/egg, mineral water
Dinner: baked potato w/broccoli, cheddar, butter, cottage cheese

Baseline: 185 lbs.
Weight: 184 lbs. (-1.0-)
Goal: 180 lbs.

Five days! Lost nearly nothing! That's okay, though, because I feel good.

Upper body: 1 rep.
Core Strength: 20 sit-ups

No comments: