Sunday, March 17, 2024

Floating through the void.

You will know us by our head.
So, the March Mildness thing isn't as much of a "kick" as it was last year, but I'm still glad I'm in it. Probably because of the pain in my knees, which comes and goes. I have to remember to take pain reliever before bed or it can be uncomfortable.

I always scorned St. Patrick's Day when I was a teenager, the mixed messages irritated me. The Irish don't want to be categorized by drinking? Then what is up with this supposedly religious holiday where my classmates rip school to go downtown and drink cheap beer dyed green?

Freshman year at college, a number of us stayed behind once Spring Break had started for an industrial film (my first paying acting gig!) and I was lured into O'Hooley's Pub for the celebration, which included a delicious meal of corned beef and cabbage, traditional Irish music (live) and my first Guinness. It was a sincere celebration of Irish heritage and an education for me.

This weekend started with a birthday gathering at the Tav Co. and they had NA Guinness, which was not bad. It made me hanker for the real stuff, but even so, my first sip brought me right back to O'Hooley's, thirty-seven years ago. The senses are a remarkable thing.

Distance: 1 mile
Duration: 9:25

Ugh, It's gonna be cool for the next week. I mean, that's proper for late winter/early spring. But it doesn't serve my knees, uh, needs.

2008 Playlist
Black & Gold (Marcussen Album Version) - Sam Sparro 
Echoes Round the Sun  - Paul Weller
Nine in the Afternoon - Panic! at the Disco

Route: Neighborhood Loop
Temperature: 41°
Climate: big wet snow flakes
Pavement: damp
Mood: determined

Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Breakfast: fettuccine frittata
Lunch: SB&J sandwich
Treat: fried plantains
Dinner: vegan Reuben, potato salad, bok choy, fizzy water

Baseline: 185 lbs.
Weight: 182 lbs. (-1.0)
Goal: 180 lbs.

Upper body: 
Core Strength: 

No comments: