Sunday, March 31, 2024

Felt a wave, a rush of blood.

Here's the thing. 

I wanted to run every day, like I did last year. However, my knees can no longer support this. Running every day used to be all right, but these days, running without a day off means my knees hurt. And that's not good.

Also, it's been cold. And I just hate the cold now. And the wind. It's a drag, it's no fun. I'll do sit up, I'll do upper body work. But running in the cold is just out.

So, anyway. The March Mildness thing didn't go as smoothly as last year. It's been a difficult winter. But today has been a good day, how about that? Writing, cleaning, relaxing. And time for a run in the slightly less than cold weather.

I want to be good to myself.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 33:06
Pace: 10:40

Tiny steps, feels good. And then the sun came out. Lovely.

1998 Playlist
Push It - Garbage  
Let Me See - Morcheeba
St. Louise is Listening - Soul Coughing
Roygbiv - Boards of Canada
Right Here, Right Now - Fatboy Slim
Ghost of Stephen Foster - Squirrel Nut Zippers
Hesitating Beauty - Wilco
Baby Britain - Elliot Smith 
Cascades of Colour (Wamdue Black Mix) - Anada Project ft. Gaelle Adisson

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 47
Climate: partly cloudy & pleasant 
Mood: all right 

Stretches: yes
Water: yes

No comments: