Friday, April 17, 2015

We're wild and weary but we won't give in.

Yes. I do believe the cranberry clown shoes were not good for my feet, or that I had overused them. I was getting flashes of pain in my arches, which is never good. I have been with the UA slippers for a few weeks now, and the pain has entirely vanished.

Knees do not hurt, hips feel great, nothing wrong with my ankles. Annual playlist series completed, time for the rest of the year.

Temperature: 57°
Distance: 3.38 miles
Avg Pace: 7.42
Climate: cool and humid

Great news! Double Heart (The Courtship of Beatrice and Benedick) has been published by YouthPLAYS. I have had high hopes that someone might pick that up, that many high schools or colleges would take advantage of a clever, romantic verse play, and YouthPLAYS is a great company.

Baseline: 178.5 lbs.
Today: 162.5 lbs.

Ladies and gentlemen ... 49 Playlists for 49 Years.

2015 Playlist
Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
Shut Up and Dance - Walk the Moon
Huarache Lights - Hot Chip
Can't Break Me Down - Billy Idol
Sugah Daddy - D'Angelo
Bury Our Friends - Sleater-Kinney

Barely ran in January and February, but I ended up beating last year's finish by thirteen days. And I have lost fifteen pounds in two months.

So what's next?

Evening Run
Temperature: 64°
Distance: 0.8 miles

The girl has had an ache to resume running. But her soccer games and practice have been exercise enough. Tonight before dinner she announced she just wanted to run around the block. I joined her, running one lap but then she wanted to do a second on her own, so she did.

The whole family is getting into a running mood. But they will all require shoes.

No comments: