Saturday, July 01, 2023

Oh, Lord! Deliver us from the elements.

Album runs are inspiring, they encourage me to run further more often. I used to just listen to an album for as long as it took to run however far I wanted to run that day, whether I finished the record or not. This month I have been trying to time the run out to meet the duration of the album.

And there's all kinds of records I have done yet! I don't imagine I'll ever run out.

Distance: 4.3 miles
Duration: 41:21
Pace: 9:33
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 82° 
Climate: sunny & hot
Mood: good

Mummer - XTC (1983)
Beating of Hearts
Wonderland
Love on a Farmboy's Wages
Great Fire
Deliver Us from the Elements
Human Alchemy
Ladybird
In Loving Memory of a Name
Me and the Wind
Funk Pop a Roll

 
One I embraced in college, the first track founds its way onto mix tapes for at least two women I was interested in, perhaps more. "Human Alchemy" was a revelation for a young white man (wait, "we" did this?) though today the African drums makes it a bit cringey.

Also? You can stretch a metaphor too far. Oh, we're the real slaves ... to Capitalism! Yeah, no. Just stop.

"Ladybird" led act two of my production of Romeo & Juliet ("What, Lamb! What, Ladybird!") including a recorded intro from a WENZ DJ, as if that station ever played any deep cuts from anyone.

Stretches: yes
Planks: 90 sec.
Upper body: 10 reps.
Water: yes

Man. They use the word "slave" on three different songs on that album. None of them refer to actual enslaved people.

Breakfast: coffee w/cream 
Lunch: fresh strawberry, peach, banana, blueberry, blackberry w/granola & yogurt
Afternoon beverage: Diet Coke
Snack: cheezits
Happy Hour: Rheingeist Knowledge Double IPA
Dinner: cheese pizza (2 slices) w/ranch
Alcohol? Yes, also double old fashioned

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 170 lbs.
Goal: 165 lbs.

The last five pounds will be challenging.

Reading: 30 min.

No comments: