Thursday, July 27, 2023

Flood's Cove: Run Four

Sleeping exclusively on my right side for two weeks last year, recovering from eye surgery, I injured my right shoulder. The pain lasted several months, and I began doing upper body exercises in an effort to build up strength in those muscles.

Apparently I have succeeded. I didn't bring any free weights on vacation with me, but I think I'll be all right until I get back. Or maybe I could just find a nice sized rock to swing around.

Distance: 3.5 miles
Duration: 32:58
Pace: 9:25
Route: Martin Point Run
Temperature: 72°
Climate: overcast
Mood: good

Had a lovely birthday yesterday. Went to Damariscotta for a brief shopping excursion, and to get ice cream from Round Top. The niece made spaghetti Bolognese, the wife a delicious carrot cake. The cousins were over, and we even caught the match. 

Stretches: yes
Water: yes

The kids have decided to just risk it on Saturday -- but they do want to participate. The 1 mile short haul is at 7:00 AM, the 5K long haul is at 7:50. They will decide on the day if they want to do one, the other, or both.

Listening to Sinéad O'Connor this morning.

No comments: