Tuesday, July 11, 2023

I want to hit that high.

My summertime love.
Big Cedar Point weekend. A little on the decadent side, but I think it's the only time we go this summer. We've become huge summer fun people!

But also, on Monday, I developed a crushing headache which separated me from humanity for the entire morning and most of the afternoon. As I recuperated, I ate what seemed best to eat, which included a lot of fat and salt and stranger cravings.

This morning I feel like I am starting from the beginning again.

Distance: 4.55 miles
Duration: 43:47
Pace: 9:37
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 68°
Climate: sunny  nice
Mood: good

The truth is, Make It Big is a mediocre follow-up. Fantastic knows what it is, a party record, and it is perfect. This is a Frankenstein's monster of an album, half of it is outstanding. I don't even need to point out which songs those are.

But "Heartbeat", "Like a Baby", "If You Were There" and "Credit Card Baby" are so light and poppy just fill in your own metaphor about a soap bubble here.

Actually, I love "Like a Baby." That is a good song, pure Sophisti-pop. I wish for an EBTG cover version. But still, those four are not my favorite songs for running. 

Make It Big - Wham! (1985)
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
Everything She Wants (Remix)
Heartbeat
Like a Baby
Freedom (Long Mix)
If You Were There
Credit Card Baby
Careless Whisper "Wham! ft. George Michael"
 
Bonus Track: I'm Your Man

Yeah, "Credit Card Baby" is ... not good. They know it, too. The song just stops.

I mean, another song about a materialistic lady-person? You already nailed that on the second track.
 
Stretches: yes
Sit-Ups: 50
Planks: 90 sec. (2x) 
Water: yes

We will not be running to the complete Music From the Edge of Heaven. A contractual obligation record, it includes four original tracks, two previously released and horribly remixed singles, one live track and the Christmas song. A must-have to be sure, but a disjointed collection. 

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, fresh banana, strawberry, blueberry, cherry, grape w/granola & yogurt
Lunch: chicken Caesar salad, Coke
Snack: Cheez-Its, iced coffee
Dinner: pizza (1 slice), Caesar salad, watermelon
Alcohol? IPA (1)

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 170.5 lbs. (+1.0)
Goal: 165 lbs.

Reading: 20 min.

No comments: