Friday, May 24, 2024

Love is an ocean.

Day Two at Sea:
The promenade deck of the Queen Mary 2 is approximately one-third mile about. But I am terrible at keep track. Surely I ran more than two miles in twenty-five minutes, but I do wish to be accurate.

Distance: 2 or 2 1/3 miles
Duration: 25 minutes

1974 Playlist
The Thrill of It All - Roxy Music  
(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love & Understanding - Brinsley Schwarz
Take Me to the River - Al Green
You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet - Bachmann-Turner Overdrive
Hooked on a Feeling,- Blue Swede ft. Bjorn Skifs
Rock and Roll Hoochie-Koo - Rick Derringer
Boogie Down - Eddie Kendricks

"Jogging" is not permitted on deck until 8 AM, and I was, as far as I could see, the only jogger at that tie. But there were lots of walkers, several in pairs. So I had to "on your left" a lot. Thank God they all got the memo on going counter-clockwise.

Still, I hated having to disturb people. But fuck it, I paid for this boat, too.

Dawn: cappuccino
Pre-Breakfast: coffee w/cream, orange juice, banana, yogurt
Breakfast: avocado & poached egg on toast, coffee
High Tea: tea w/milk & sugar, fruit cake, mint cream cake, beef sand, coronation (curry) chicken sand, cheese & tomato sand, shrimp sand, scone w/clotted cream & jam
Cocktail Hour: Tanqueray martini
Dinner: champagne (courtesy of the captain), wild rice salad, chateaubriand & mushroom tart, red wine, chocolate soufflé
Nightcap: old fashioned

Note: This diet seems unconscionable in its plenty, but I made and kept a promise to eat less than half of all dishes. 

No comments: