Saturday, May 18, 2024

Running down to the riptide.

It's a birthday! So I got up early to make breakfast for our 19 year old and had a meeting at eleven so I wasn't planning to run. But it's so beautiful out! Then the meeting was pushed back to noon. Perfect!

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 29:27
Pace: 9:30

Normally, I ascribe any song to the year it was released. But as with all things, we make an exception for Taylor.

2014 Playlist  
Style (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift
BoJack's Theme (Full Length)  - Patrick Carney & Ralph Carney
Avalanche - Walk the Moon
Riptide - Vance Joy
Under the Pressure - The War on Drugs
They Want My Soul - Spoon
Two Bodies - Flight Facilities ft. Emma Louise

I have decided I do not actually like The War On Drugs.

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 67°
Climate: sunny & warm
Mood: good
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Regarding my feet. Up until the year 2006, I was wearing a size 9.5. They were tight then, but as I ran and I needed new shoes I was surprised to bump up to a ten. And then a ten and a half, where I have been for at least ten years.

The other day I got a pair of elevens. I was surprised even then, that my feet are even longer. But you know what? They're too small.

Upper body: 40 reps.
Core Strength: 

Baseline: 185 lbs.
Weight: 179 lbs.(-0-)
Goal: 175 lbs.

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, ebelskivers w/whipped cream & syrup
Lunch: sunbutter & preserves sandwich, Cheetos
Happy Hour: beer, dried fruit & almonds
Dinner: noodles, dumplings, broccoli
Nightcap: Gold Rush

No comments: