Tuesday, May 28, 2024

World before Columbus.

Day Six at Sea: 
No one is on the promenade at 7:00 PM, it would be a perfect time to run. But I don't want to run in the evening. It's so beautiful in the morning. But so many people, a throng of them toddled onto the deck shortly into my first mile.

When will I become like them? Old unstable, a shuffler. In the way. I hate asking them to step aside ("on your left") some are downright startled. I don't mean to ruin their walk. But I want to run, please. I want this, too.

Distance: 2 miles
Duration: 21 minutes

Figured out a system for keeping track, or should I say fingered. (I waggled my fingers for each lap, it was mnemonic.)

150 - 159 BPM Playlist
The World Before Columbus - Suzanne Vega
We Got the Beat - The Go-Go's
Starfuckers, Inc. - Nine Inch Nails
Summertime Blues - Eddie Cochrane
Power & the Passion
 - Midnight Oil
Yer Blues - The Beatles

Too slow a playlist today.

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, orange juice, fresh fruit w/yogurt
Nooner: Honeysuckle something -- a rum drink
Lunch: Iced tea, tomato basil soup, toasted cheese & onion sand w/fries & mayo, small salad
Happy Hour: Cunard Red
Cocktail Hour: Suburban -- Maker's w/Port & orange
Dinner: watermelon salad w/feta & tomato, surf & turf, side of whipped potatoes, red win
Nightcap: Old Fashioned Deluxe

No comments: