Thursday, June 25, 2015

A man in my shoes runs a light.



Long runs taking their toll as thighs retains an ... awareness, let's say. Not pain, it's not intense enough for pain. It's also not stiffness. Just ... hello. We're your thighs. Never forget we're here.

Yes, I have been working out with a free weight, nothing major. But she asked me to do upper body exercises, and now I am in the habit of doing them. Perhaps in the end I will become a complete person.

Distance: 6 miles
Avg Pace: 7.22
Route: Cain Park Loop

As I begin taking longer runs, can I continue to break 8 minute miles? That's really the goal, 26.2 eight minute miles, back to back, and I keep it under four hours again with ten minutes to spare. But will I be able to keep that pace? Summer may not be the best time of year to tell.

Keep forgetting to eat before heading out. Last night we went to Tommy's where I had a milkshake, fries and the dreaded Curtburger. So I lost a pound.

Temperature: 64°
Climate: downright cool.
Weight: 157.5 lbs. (-2.5)
Intake: none
Hydration: yes
Stretches: yes
Upper Body: 140 reps

This weekend we will be in transit, which throws my training schedule into question. Three miles on Saturday, and then ten on Sunday. I may wait until we are all settled at our destination and take that long run on Monday. It is a vacation, after all.

How will I eat on vacation? How will I drink? What am I going to do? I have two months to complete the first draft of a new play, will the writing happen this week? I have a book to read, another waiting for my attention. What will happen?

What's That Lyric?
Ghost In You - Psychedelic Furs 

No comments: