Sunday, June 21, 2015

Remain human.

This Father's Day I am on my own with the boy. I did not get to sleep until after midnight, but slept peacefully until around 8 am, free of any head pain. I had gotten up around six to have a glass of water and two ibuprofen, which no doubt helped.

The wife had suggested to the boy that he make pancakes, which would have been nice but it wasn't what I actually wanted and besides I was hungry right then. Instead we went to the Inn on Coventry for Eggs Mando (Eggs Benedict with avocado) which I probably haven't had in five years.

Then we watched Revenge of the Sith, not for father but because I am a father and sometimes you have to put yourself through these things. Boy, what a piece of shit.

Finally, the run. A few days ago he and the wife went to the local police auction and picked up a sweet new bike for fifty bucks. This afternoon he biked, I ran and we both walked down Mayfield to Lakeview Cemetery, and down Euclid to MOCA and back up through Little Italy towards home.

Distance: 8 miles
Route: Lakeview Cemetery Loop

He also got an XBOX 360 for ten bucks at the auction, and we're headed out now to get controllers and a game.

Week One Total: 24 miles
Training To Date: 24 miles

Temperature: 79°
Climate: overcast and humid
Weight:157 lbs. (-3.0)
Intake: Eggs Mando
Hydration: yes
Stretches:yes

No comments: