Tuesday, June 23, 2015

We're always running round this town.

My wife discovered an app, one which - if you find the correct chair in which to sit - can make you travel backwards in time. There is a Siri-like AI you speak to, providing as many details as you are able, most specifically time and place, and it will transport you there.

We each had our own chairs, I cannot report where she went went, but I was successful at traveling twice. Each time I walked about, search for those I wanted to find but with no success. At first I was self-conscious that I would be recognized and then I realized that was impossible. Seriously, if the present day you walked past your younger self, you wouldn't even notice you.

Though I was confident each time that I had in fact returned to those moments, each over twenty years ago, and was in more or less the right place, I was merely wandering in a melancholy memory, alone in bleak daylight. Returning to a place was no more like peering at a still picture of the location of a party the day after it has ended.

Distance: 3 miles
Avg Pace: 7.31
Route: Boulevard Loop

Lightning storm. Woke at 4:30 am, it was like a angry disco in my room. Figured the run wouldn't happen but by 7 am the rain was gone and the sun was coming out. Beautiful run. Hot, yes, but bright and sweet.

I really should eat and stretch before running. Feeling rushed, taking care of the boy on my own. Tomorrow is a break, then the women return. Breathe and relax. It will all happen.

Temperature: 72°
Climate: sweaty and beautiful
Weight: 158.5 lbs. (-1.5)
Intake: none
Hydration: yes
Stretches: no
Upper Body: 100 reps

What's That Lyric?
The Look * - Metronomy

No comments: